Monday, February 24, 2014

Solar Parking Lots NC Website Preview

The Solar Parking Lots NC website is being developed!  I hope to finish the initial setup by the end of this week and then begin massaging all those excel lists into csv files in the proper format to import into Google Maps.  And ArcGIS Online.  I plan to do both.  The Google Maps will be shown on the website and the Online Community of ESRI will have my group with the same data shown in maps there.  (Plus there's that nice Storytelling app that just might come in handy for something or another down the line!)

So, hopefully, those csv files will start showing up in the maps on the website by the middle of March.  Keep in mind that the website is divided into the five main regions of North Carolina:  Western, Piedmont, Central, South Central and Eastern.  These are the regions that most of the state government entities use.  Within each region are listed the counties:  30 in the Western region, 24 in the Piedmont region, 12 in the Central region, 11 in the South Central region and 23 in the Eastern region.  Each csv file represents one particular store.  So you won't see how many large chain store parking lots there are per county until all csv lists are imported.

Stay tuned and I'll provide updates.

Here's the link to what is done thus far on the website.  I'm using the school's server right now, so it may disappear.  Keep checking here as I plan to get in up on some commercial setup soon.  (Ah, is it improper to ask for donations here?)

I am loving doing this and I know deep down it will make a difference.  I plan to keep going with the other southeastern states.  I just hope and pray that monetary details will be taken care of in order for me to keep on providing input into this viable and feasible alternative to fossil fuels.

Solar Parking Lots NC
(Oh, there's no back link right now and I'm changing the logo (far left box on header) this week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment